1024 pixels max size

Click to view full size image

Bay Horse, Hawcoat.

Pre 1850- Agnes Holmes is listed as keeping a beerhouse at Hawcoat in the 1851 Mannix Directory. In 1855 a newly built beerhouse at Hawcoat was advertised for sale in the Ulverston Advertiser. In 1871 George Woodburne is listed as the landlord of the Black House, Hawcoat. (The Kings is also listed, but there is no mention of the Bay Horse). In 1882 the name Black House has gone and the Bay Horse re-appears. Rebuilt in 1927 by Cases. Wine License 1932. Hammonds opened the New Bay Horse on the opposite side of the road in 1966. The Old Bay Horse is now a shop.

TheMasonsBar.jpg Railway.jpg NewInn.jpg BayHorse.jpg Regal.jpg CumberlandArms.jpg CriterionBar_Resaurant.jpg
Rate this file (No vote yet)
File information
Filename:BayHorse.jpg
Album name:wayne / Pictures of Furness
Filesize:108 KiB
Date added:Jul 22, 2012
Dimensions:1024 x 682 pixels
Displayed:475 times
URL:http://www.barrowdpc.com/bdpc/cpg15x/displayimage.php?pid=10357
Favorites:Add to Favorites
Monitor Calibration: