1024 pixels max size

Last additions - Pictures of Furness
ALDINGHAM_-_resized.jpg
Aldingham reflections264 views1 commentsCarol LSep 01, 2015
IMG_0141~0.jpg
Earnsie Bay with Ramblers226 views1 commentsJohnApr 21, 2015
IMG_3202.jpg
another bit bites the dust197 viewspart of abotsmead reduced to rubble kingsownFeb 23, 2015
IMG_3201-2.jpg
another bit bites the dust187 viewspart of abotsmead reduced to rubble kingsownFeb 23, 2015
IMG_3199.jpg
another bit bites the dust187 viewspart of abotsmead reduced to rubble kingsownFeb 23, 2015
IMG_0213~0.jpg
snowy top 202 viewsblackcombe today kingsownJan 19, 2015
IMG_0210~0.jpg
another one bites the dust191 viewsthorncliffe school going going kingsownJan 19, 2015
IMG_0205.jpg
another one bites the dust197 viewsthorncliffe school going going kingsownJan 19, 2015
IMG_0204-2.jpg
another one bites the dust203 viewsthorncliffe school going going kingsownJan 19, 2015
IMG_2691.jpg
another one bits the dust221 viewsthorncliff school being demolished todaykingsownNov 04, 2014
IMG_2690.jpg
another one bits the dust200 viewsthorncliff school being demolished todaykingsownNov 04, 2014
IMG_2689.jpg
another one bits the dust199 viewsthorncliff school being demolished todaykingsownNov 04, 2014
IMG_2688-2.jpg
another one bits the dust182 viewsthorncliff school being demolished todaykingsownNov 04, 2014
IMG_0041~0.jpg
another bit bites the dust 264 viewsthe start of demolishing parkveiw the old grammar school kingsownJun 30, 2014
IMG_0037.jpg
another bit bites the dust 245 viewsthe start of demolishing parkveiw the old grammar school kingsownJun 30, 2014
wire_wool_Xmas_043_28988x65929_28800x53429.jpg
334 views2 commentsMar 27, 2014
fathers_sunset_058_28800x53329.jpg
Ten a Penny Beach shot.290 views1 commentsMar 26, 2014
IMG_0903.jpg
Closing down292 viewsUlverstons last independent DIYwayneFeb 25, 2014
IMG_0978.jpg
Green-Nod286 viewsA sign showing the new village of Green-Nod!!!!wayneFeb 25, 2014
_MG_6715.jpg
Brewers Fayre258 viewsThe new Brewers Fayre restaurant.wayneFeb 25, 2014
IMG_0908.jpg
Rose and Crown266 viewsRose and Crown pub Ulverston.wayneFeb 25, 2014
IMG_6886.jpg
hello barrow213 viewsthe new premier inn hotel ,next to the dock museum kingsownOct 27, 2013
IMG_6883.jpg
hello barrow211 viewsthe new rear exit from tesco and B and QkingsownOct 27, 2013
IMG_6882.jpg
hello barrow211 viewsthe new rear exit from tesco and B and QkingsownOct 27, 2013
IMG_6880.jpg
hello barrow230 viewsthe new premier inn hotel and pub ,looking from the new roundabout at the back of tesco kingsownOct 27, 2013
IMG_6878.jpg
hello barrow211 viewsthe new premier inn hotel ,looking from the back of the dock-museum kingsownOct 27, 2013
IMG_6888.jpg
good bye barrow260 viewsend of the line yates pub the old pass,s store about to be demolished kingsownOct 26, 2013
IMG_6877.jpg
good bye barrow234 viewsend of the line vickers engineering works EMS machine shop gone kingsownOct 26, 2013
IMG_6876.jpg
good bye barrow272 viewsend of the line vickers engineering works EMS machine shop gone kingsownOct 26, 2013
IMG_6874-ems-shop.jpg
good bye barrow250 viewsend of the line vickers engineering works EMS machine shop gone kingsownOct 26, 2013
IMG_6125.jpg
the new furness academy277 viewsmore lights than blackpool kingsownSep 11, 2013
IMG_6126.jpg
the new furness academy252 viewsmore lights than blackpool kingsownSep 11, 2013
Train93.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 93470 viewsBuilt 1874 scraped 1925wayneJul 27, 2012
Train79.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 79394 viewsBuilt 1873 scraped 1930. A sign reading Siddick junction can be seen behind the train. About a mile and a half north of Workington station was Siddick Junction. This junction provided the connection to the Royal Navy Armaments Depot facility at Broughton Moor. wayneJul 27, 2012
train50.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 50383 viewsBuilt 1883 scraped 1928wayneJul 27, 2012
Train12.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 12387 viewsBuilt 1873 scraped 1920wayneJul 27, 2012
Train100.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 100386 viewsCalled Keekle built 1858 withdrawn 1918wayneJul 26, 2012
Train61.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 61396 viewsBuilt 1866 withdrawn 1925wayneJul 26, 2012
Train19.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 19393 viewsPETTIGREW produced the needful in 1910 when six smart little 0-6-0 side tanks were put to work. They had cylinders 17 1/2 x 24 ins., wheels 4 ft. 7 1/2 ins. dia., and 160 lbs. working pressure. They were numbered 19 to 24 and re-numbered 55 to 60 in 1918.wayneJul 26, 2012
Train.jpg
373 viewsNamed Carlisle running from 1855 to 1886wayneJul 26, 2012
nigelwoodfrankwood.jpg
Nigel Wood outside Frank Wood hat shop Forshaw street424 viewsNigel Wood outside Frank Wood hat shop Forshaw streetwayneJul 25, 2012
1970airealbarrow.jpg
Arial view Barrow circa 1970581 viewsArial view Barrow showing Cairds foundry and the old bus depotwayneJul 25, 2012
SandgateHotelBarrow1908~0.jpg
Sandgate Hotel Barrow 1908477 views1854- In 1893 at the adjourned Brewsters Sessions, Thomas Thompson (no relation to the brewers) had his license renewed after a police objection. In his defence Thompson’s solicitor stated that Thompson and his forefathers had kept the pub for 40 years, since it was first licensed. After some discussion the license was renewed. Like many houses, when the Sandgate first opened it was known as the New Inn. Sold for £4,200 at public auction on August 14th 1901.wayneJul 25, 2012
RoaStation~0.jpg
Roa Island Hotel, Roa Island Station516 viewsRoa Island Hotel, Roa Island StationwayneJul 25, 2012
TheMasonsBar.jpg
Masons Arms, 30 Paxton Terrace677 views1861-1968 In September, 1881, Thompsons applied for a spirits license for the Masons stating that the house had been open 20 years. Proposed improvements to cost nearly £2,000. The bench was in favour of the improvements but not the license. Thompsons completely rebuilt the Masons at a cost of £3,500 in 1890. In 1891 a spirits license was requested for the Masons Arms as the rebuilt house with restaurant was worthy of one. It was refused. The Masons stood on the corner of Paxton Terrace and Forshaw Street and it was closed in May, 1968, and demolished.1 commentswayneJul 22, 2012
Railway.jpg
Railway Inn, 2 John Street.523 views1861-1968 Another small town centre pub demolished to make way for the new Market Hall. Wine license granted in 1879. Sold at public auction on November 5, 1902, with a beer and wine license, for £4,200 to Cases who were already tenants. Closed March 31, 1968. Last licensee was George Smith. wayneJul 22, 2012
NewInn.jpg
New Inn, 2/4 Franklin Street.472 views1661-1972 Built by William Gradwell. Sold to Cases by Francis Kendall and John Ashburner on April 15, 1873. Prior to 1872 known as the Hammer and Pincers, name changed by Cases. Frank Lappin the last licensee, believed that up until the time of the pub’s closure that the pub was the oldest in Barrow Town, having mistakenly thought the pub was licensed in 1849. closed November 4, 1972.wayneJul 22, 2012
BayHorse.jpg
Bay Horse, Hawcoat. 477 viewsPre 1850- Agnes Holmes is listed as keeping a beerhouse at Hawcoat in the 1851 Mannix Directory. In 1855 a newly built beerhouse at Hawcoat was advertised for sale in the Ulverston Advertiser. In 1871 George Woodburne is listed as the landlord of the Black House, Hawcoat. (The Kings is also listed, but there is no mention of the Bay Horse). In 1882 the name Black House has gone and the Bay Horse re-appears. Rebuilt in 1927 by Cases. Wine License 1932. Hammonds opened the New Bay Horse on the opposite side of the road in 1966. The Old Bay Horse is now a shop.

wayneJul 22, 2012
Regal.jpg
Regal Bar, Forshaw Street527 views1867-1992 The Alexandra Music Hall appeared in December, 1867. In December, 1876 The Star Theatre and Hotel were offered for sale by public auction. The bidding reached £6,500 this being below the reserve, the property was withdrawn. The Hotel and Theatre were offered for sale at auction on March 19,1902. Withdrawn at £9,500. Sold privately to Allsopps later that year. As the Theatre’s name changed, so did the Hotel’s to the Tivoli in November, 1902, and finally the Regal Bar in August, 1931. Closed in 1992 and demolished to make way for town centre development, another one bites the dust.wayneJul 21, 2012
CumberlandArms.jpg
Cumberland Arms, 51 McClintock Street.470 views1864-1974 Built by Gradwell. Bought by Cases on November 13, 1880 from Robert Postlethwaite. To Let, apply Cases, in 1882. Closed April 31, 1974. Demolished May 22, 1974. Last licensee was Norman Leach.wayneJul 21, 2012

Random files - Pictures of Furness
CRW_0430-cabins-and-storm-1~0.jpg
cabins351 viewskingsown
Train61.jpg
Furness Railway Engine No 61396 viewsBuilt 1866 withdrawn 1925wayne
IMG_4993.jpg
the dogs not daft213 viewsnot going any further in kingsown
IMG_8812.jpg
greengate st 272 viewssliping and sliding kingsown
PRINCESS-DANAE-UNDER-TOW.jpg
leaving 228 viewsthe princess danae cruise ship leaving barrow dockkingsown
SILVERWIND-4.jpg
the visiters243 viewsthe silver wind cruise ship heading in to walney channel and barrow dockkingsown
ridge.jpg
Roa Island263 viewsRoa Island lifeboat stationwayne
WashingtonHotel.jpg
Washington Hotel, Roose Road. 410 views1875- Built by Gradwell in 1874 at a cost of £4,000, the Washington received a provisional license in 1874 and a full license in 1875, when the hotel was opened.Named in honour of 100 years of American Independence, as was the White House. For sale by public auction on September 30,1890, bidding reached £7,100 but was withdrawn as it failed to reach it’s reserve. Offered for sale by public auction on March 27,1896 when bidding again failed to reach the reserve price. Sold privately the next day to Cases for £6,500. Renovated and altered by Cases in 1958. wayne
IMG_8805.jpg
park view fields 244 viewsacross to west avenuekingsown
IMG_2688-2.jpg
another one bits the dust182 viewsthorncliff school being demolished todaykingsown


Who is online?
There are 30 registered users.  The newest registered user is ElaineP.  In total there are 7 visitors online: 0 registered users and 7 guests.  Most users ever online: 43 on 05/10/15 at 15:32.  Registered users who have been online in the past 60 minutes: .