The Barrow Digital Photography Club itinerary for 2018 / 20 is shown below.
The itinerary is subject to change.
There are a number of session that require a volunteer to run and some gaps to fill. If volunteers don’t come forward this sessions will not run. If you have an alternative idea you are willing to present on please discuss with one of the committee members.
A printable version of the calendar can be downloaded BDPC Calendar 2019/20.
- Entries for Dpi competitions (to competition standard sizing) to be handed in 3 weeks prior to competition. Late entries and entries not to competition standardImage sizing for Projected Competitions & Internal Competition Rules only accepted at discretion of the organiser.
- Prints to be handed in 1 week prior to competition if possible or before 7:00pm on the night. Late entries only accepted at the description of organiser.
- Movement – It is suggested you review the following link with respect to the movement theme, http://www.abwatson.com/motion-in-photography/
- Antiquated – Adjective: old-fashioned or unsuitable for modern society outdated, continued from, resembling, or adhering to the past.
- Members shoot Max 3 images for the challenge and show and describe what/how they did it.
|3rd Mar 2020||Projected Competition: Theme 'Movement'|
Members to bring in possible entries for the Ulverston Battle.
|Judge: Dawn Stobbart|
|10th Mar 2020||Review images for Ulverston Battle - members to bring in possible entries in the weeks before.||Volunteer Required|
|17th Mar 2020||Members to bring is possible images of Barrow area to replace existing club Facebook banner.|
|24th Mar 2020||1. Bi Monthly Challenge 'Urban'|
Next Theme (Reflections).
2. Submit images for print run & dpi's of your entries for the Print competition.
|31st Mar 2020||Photographing Wild-life,talk by Duncan Cooke.||Duncan Cooke.|
|7th Apr 2020||Print Competition: 'Open'.||Judge: John Fare.|
|14th Apr 2020||TBA|
Entry night for dpi competition.
|21st Apr 2020||Critique night - (Priority to newcomers to the club)||Show and tell, critique, prioritising new members images so they can get feedback.|
|28th Apr 2020||Software talk , file management,||John Harrison TBC|
|5th May 2020||Projected Competition: Theme 'Antiquated'||Judge: Dr Keith Snell|
|12th May 2020||Last Bi Monthly Challenge Result.|
|19th May 2020||AGM|
|26th May 2020||Awards Dinner||Judge: Richard Speirs.|